Write a book review, get a free pre-release copy, now!
Poker Plays You Can Use contains over fifty annotated hands from live $1-$2 and $2-$5 games. Poker Plays You Can Use shows specifically how to beat the kinds of players you run into at these stakes. Each hand is a short example of one specific concept or situation that arises in live poker and how to profit from it.
Poker Plays You Can Use shows examples of:
- Profitably bluffing, against the Loose Aggressive players (page 4)
- Quietly calling down Loose Aggressive players (Page 59)
- Beating players who "always get sucked out on" (page 6)
- Continuation betting (and when not to!) (page 96)
- When to continuation bet with minimal risk (page 37)
- When to "Fire the second barrel" (page 10)
- When to delay the second barrel (Page 45)
- When to "Fire the third barrel" (page 8)
- Raising frequent continuation bettors (page 4)
- Check-raise bluffing the turn (page 21)
- Turning a made hand into a bluff (page 30)
- Checking a nut hand for value (page 52)
- A system to do combinatorics at the table (page 110)
- Four-bet bluffing situations (page 101)
- Squeeze plays (page 103)
- Defense against "Squeeze happy" players (page 104)
- Big hands on draw-heavy boards (page 32)
- Winning against "Wanna go all in pre-flop" players (page 108)
- Sniff out big bluffs (page 67)
- Fifty small tweaks you can add to your game now (page 118)
- ...and more...